Honduras Fundraising (plus an iPhone wallpaper download)
I’m leaving for Honduras in 9 days! It’s hard to believe I first posted about this trip 6 weeks ago.
I'm still fundraising and have raised about 70% of my goal. The cost for me to go to Honduras and donate my civil engineering design services is approximately $2,050.
To make a tax deductible donation online, you can donate through EMI's website by clicking the button below and following these simple steps:
- Choose "Project Trip Volunteers" from the pull down menu
- Another drop down menu will appear - choose "5665-Honduras" (there are 2 Honduras projects, so make sure you choose the correct one)
- Enter the amount you'd like to donate and click "Add"
- Under "Other Category and/or Volunteer's Name" - type "Becky Howe"
- Continue filling out the remaining fields
- Click "Submit"
Thank you so much to everyone who has offered their support, both verbally and financially so far! I've been feeling so much love that it inspired me to make an iPhone background to share with all of you.
This quote really resonates with me and what I’ve been going through lately. I used to feel like my day-to-day work didn't matter. I’d say things like “I'm not saving lives or changing the world.” And until recently, I really felt like I wasn't making a difference at all.
It took a lot of soul searching for me to realize that all jobs are important, and when it boils down to it, one is not more significant than another. It shouldn’t matter whether you're a surgeon, a minister, a bus driver, a famous musician, a stay-at-home parent, a waiter, or the President. If you can find ways where your job benefits others and not just yourself, then you can make a difference every day just by doing your job WELL.